Friday, May 8, 2009

Prappuccino Bummer

Remember way back right after my surgery when I had all that diarrhea and the doctor said it was because my body wasn't tolerating the protein diet? So...I stopped the protein and over time I got better. Then the thought was that skipping that stage may be responsible for my slow weight loss so I vowed to "start over" with the protein diet. Well, I tried the protein diet for 1 day and I was in the bathroom A LOT. The next day I decided to just do the protein shakes in the morning for breakfast and eat high protein foods for lunch and dinner. The problem was that the taste of the pre-made shakes was making me gag so I discovered a way to make my own that taste just like Starbucks Frappuccinos. Imagine my joy that I could drink protein and have it taste like a little piece of heaven. I even named it...Prappuccino (protein-cappuccino). Here comes the bummer part...I can't tolerate the protein. What do ya know...the doctor was right about something. It makes me have diarrhea all morning. Yesterday I couldn't even finish my morning workout...I had to head home in a hurry half way through the class. Today, I was able to stay for class but shortly after the gym, I was hanging out in the bathroom for a while. I am not sure what to do. Do I keep drinking the protein and hope that over time my body gets use to it or do I just eat high protein foods and hope that the weight comes off? Remember when I couldn't even drink water without cramping? That has changed now and it only cramps about 10% of the time which means that my body had adjusted. I am wondering if I should push through the protein spillage until my body starts accepting it?

2 comments:

  1. I say to stop the protein shakes. Quit making yourself sick. Girl, you have lost 50 pounds! You're doing great! You were just simply on a plateau for a couple weeks. BTW I love the name prappuccino!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa ask your Gym about the body bug it is around $250. with a 6 months subscription to apex and you wear it all the time except when you are in the shower it shows you how many calories you burn in a day plus you type in what you ate for that date and it will show you if you are in the range to keep losing weight.
    I have one and it works for me I just got lazy and took it off for a while but you are getting me motivated again. Love Aunt Tina

    ReplyDelete