Friday, September 11, 2009

Reflections

John and I recently went to Austin, TX. It is one of my favorite places to go. The people are friendly, the music is live and the food is great. I was very excited about this trip because I wanted to share my passion about Austin with John for the first time. On this trip, I realized how much weight I have lost. Not only did I not need the extender belt on the plane, there was room on my sides so that I wasn't stuffed into the seats. That was also true about the chairs at the airports, rental car and restaurants. I could even get things from the floor without having to get out of the chair to reach it. I was also able to sit 'criss-cross-applesauce' on the floor at the airport and I was comfortable. This may not seem like a big deal but believe me it is! I haven't been able to sit comfortably on the floor in God only knows how long let alone with my legs crossed. As we were walking through the crowds on 6th street, I noticed that I didn't need such a large gap between people in order to squeeze by. We had a great time and the smaller version of me seemed to enjoy Austin even more than the plus-sized one (who know that was possible?). I have mentioned that I am wearing smaller clothes but I am always amazed at what size I wear. Yesterday, I was at a store and saw this cute zip-up hoodie. I said to myself, "self, it may be tight but try on a large just to see if it fits." I tried it on, zipped it up and realized that it was too big. Imagine that...a large being too big!!! I was elated. I always point at women in public and ask "am I bigger than her?" I usually do this with John but I was out with my brother and did that to him. He asked "why do you keep asking me that?" I told him I just want to know what I look like. He told me to look in the mirror. I explained that I can't tell. To me I am still a rolly-polly and that is why I am so shocked at my clothing size because it doesn't match the image in my head. I love getting smaller and all the perks that go with it and I want to be able to see it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment