Monday, November 2, 2009
Count down to Baby Carroll
It is no secret that I really want a baby. In fact, it's not so much a desire but a complete obsession. I went to the doctor today (my primary doctor not Dr. Quackhead) to talk about starting a family. I wanted to know when it would be safe to start trying. He said I have to wait until I have lost all the wait I am going to lose. I tried to argue that the surgeon said I could start as early as 12 months post-op. He knew that the range was 12-18 months post-op and he told me it is very unsafe for both me and the baby if I lose weight during pregnancy. I was super bummed out because I was hoping he would say "go for it NOW!" No such luck though. He told me that I need to be at the same weight for at least 1 month before John and I start trying for our baby goo-goo-buns. I know that he is right but in my heart I am so disappointed. In the long run what is another 6-9 months? It's nothing really but I have been ready for a baby for a LONG time. The good news is he said I am one of the success stories in relation to gastric bypass. On the upside of having to wait, I get to have John to myself for a little longer. When I think of it that way, it doesn't seem so bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment