Friday, November 20, 2009
Energy Buster!!!!
One of the conditions of having gastric bypass is taking vitamins for the rest of my life. I happily take my vitamins everyday. I take iron to prevent anemia, calcum because I heard a horror story about a woman who lost her teeth from not taking calcium and alos I want to prevent osteoporosis (which women and bypass patients are susceptible to...double whammy for me), multivitamin because they are gummy and taste like candy, and hair and nail vitamins to prevent hair loss. I am also supposed to take B12 to keep up my energy. I was feeling so good that I stopped taking B12. A few months ago I noticed that I was feeling sluggish but I just thought it was because of life's stress. At the beginning of this month I went to the doctor to get my blood checked because I thought I was anemic. My results came back and everything was great EXCEPT my B12. That explains my lack of energy as well as my body feeling like I am always on the verge of getting sick. My levels are so low that I have to get B12 shots once a month for at least 3 months. I got my first shot last week and have been taking my vitamin supplement religiously. I guess I should not try to make up my own rules about what vitamins to take and what to skip. Lesson learned but now I have to be a human pin cushion until my B12 deficiency is gone. The cool thing is that soon I will have my energy back. The tricky thing is that now everyone around me has to deal with an even more energetic me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment