Thursday, February 26, 2009
Little bump on the road to recovery
I was so happy to come home the very next morning after surgery. I was feeling great until...I wasn't. I never really got my color back and I was having a hard time maintaining energy. Once I started my liquid protein diet that's when my body turned on me. I had cramping and my butt started throwing up. I just assumed it was from the lactose in the shakes. I read that sometimes after gastric bypass people become lactose intolerant. I was starting to be less tolerant of lactose before the surgery so I was confident that this was the problem. I stopped taking the lactose but still had diarrhea. I was feeling worse every hour. Finally I called the doctor and he said I have a bacterial "super" infection that I got from being in the hospital. I thought...a little army of micro-soldiers is attacking my intestines. Well bring it on little punks because I have antibiotics that will kick your micro-butts. I started taking the medication on Tuesday night but my symptoms continued until Wednesday morning. Most of Wednesday I was free of butt-vomiting. I still have low energy but that could be due to the war going on in my gut and the fact that I am too afraid to eat/drink very much. I am starting to feel braver and will attempt to have a lactose-free shake in the morning (just in case I am lactose intolerant). I am kinda pissy and not much company for my husband so I hope these meds kick in soon so I can start my recovery and become my normal chipper self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment