Monday, April 27, 2009

Gettin' Fit

I decided that this week I would start taking more intense workout classes in addition to the dance classes at the gym. Today I planned on trying out the turbo kickboxing which is an hour of jumping, kicking and punching. I wasn't sure I would be able to make it through the whole class so as a back up I planned on going to my regular dance class tonight. When I got there, I was anxious because I wasn't sure what to expect and how much I could do. About 45 minutes into the class I realized I was doing it and hadn't even noticed that 45 minutes had passed. I stayed for the whole class and it wasn't nearly as difficult for me as I had thought. As our class was headed out, the next group was on their way in. When I asked a lady what class it was she told me it was a lift class and she encouraged me to join. She showed me what weights to use and even introduced me to the teacher. I hadn't planned on staying but after all that fuss I thought "why not?". Again, I had the option in my head to leave early if I couldn't hang but to my surprise I did it all the way through. As I was driving home, I realized that I am getting fit and I didn't even know it. Tomorrow I plan on doing the kickboxing again followed by yoga. I am so excited that I am getting healthy and feeling good!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa-You kick butt! There is no way I could hang through an entire kick boxing class. Your check is still sitting right here by the computer. Sorry about that!
    xoxo kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, updates dear updates!!!!

    ReplyDelete