Last week I went up to resident camp just like I have done every summer for 10 years. I usually go up to camp as a director but this time I was a counselor. I was in a cabin with 10 - 6th grade girls. I was worried that I would not be able to hang all week. As it turns out, those sweet little girls reminded my why I fell in love with camp in the first place. Being a camp counselor was such a rejuvenating experience.
Last year I celebrated that I could ride the horses. This year I am celebrating that I could do EVERYTHING! I climbed the rock wall for the first time EVER! I know that it may not seem like a very big accomplishment but to me it was a defining moment. The coolest part was that it was physically easy. I also conquered the high ropes coarse. Last year I tried to climb the cargo net to the top of a very large tree and in the end I was only able to make it up 3 feet. This year I climbed that net and made it to the top. I also climbed a rope ladder to a tiny platform at the top of a very high tree. It was called the leap of faith because once I got to the top, I had to jump and grab a trapeze swing. I did it and I held myself up there for a very long time. I am constantly amazed at how strong I am. This past week was so good for me to put into practice the new, healthier me.
that is awesome. You look so good now :) You must be so proud.
ReplyDelete