Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Dr. Lame Sauce
It's official...my surgeon is an idiot! When I got to his office for my appointment, I showed him my food journal from the last 3 days. After a quick glance, he said that the reason I was not loosing weight was because of string cheese. Of course I told him that is ridiculous and made no sense at all. He claimed that string cheese has 500-600 calories per stick. What?! No, it has 100 calories. Next he told me that if I stopped with the cheese I should see weight loss. Then I said maybe my stomach pouch was stretched out. He said it was too soon for that and even if it was stretched there was nothing he could do because the insurance wouldn't cover the cost. He said the only way the insurance would cover the cost is if there was something anatomically wrong. He then followed that statement with "which there isn't because I didn't do the surgery wrong". He said I was at the low end of normal for weight loss but still within normal range. He told me to exercise harder and eliminate cheese and I should see more weight loss. He also said that maybe I was one of those people who just loose weight slowly. DUH!!! That is why I had the surgery and it is still coming off slowly. I also told him that I was concerned because every time I drink water my stomach cramps. His suggestion was to stop drinking water. OK? Stop drinking water=dehydration. Basically what it all boils down to is that I am on my own for solving this problem. The plan is that I am going to start over...take 2. Monday I am going to start doing the liquid protein diet for a month and then move to soft foods and then to solids. I am going to continue going to the gym 5 days a week and making those work outs even more intense. If in a month, I have not seen better results I am going to request a new doctor for a second opinion. I am disappointed that the weight hasn't melted off but on the brighter side of things at least I am not mentally retarded like my surgeon. It is important for me to remember that the weight is coming off (albeit slowly) and I am getting healthier everyday which is the whole point of this process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Melissa I am praying for you. God will
ReplyDeletehelp you through this. Love Aunt Tina
That doctor does sound like an idiot. I definitely think a second opinion is in order! I certainly hope you are just on a plateau. I'm rooting for you!
ReplyDelete