Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Night and Day
I was just thinking last night as I was getting ready for bed how normal I feel. I remember right after surgery feeling like things were never going to get better. I couldn't sleep, my butt kept throwing up and I was in constant pain and discomfort. Now that all seems like a distant memory. I have figured out the right portion size to be satisfied without pain, I have a regular sleeping schedule and unless I eat something that I know I shouldn't my butt is just fine. I am on a regular schedule for exercise and my weight loss is pretty consistent with just a few exceptions. I was never sorry that I got the surgery but now I know that it was the right decision. It seems almost natural to eat a cup worth of food and take vitamins daily. Yesterday John and I went to lunch at a bagel place. I knew I couldn't eat a bagel sandwich not even a quarter of one because that much bread is just too much for me. Instead I got a cup of soup and ate John's pickle spear. the lady behind the counter kept asking me if that was all I wanted. Uh, yeah that's all I want. In fact it was so yummy and the perfect size meal that I could hardly contain myself. It felt so natural to go to lunch with my husband and not have to worry about what to eat and how I would feel afterward. It's stuff like this that makes me realize that this was the best decision I have made for me in a long, long, long time. I can't wait until I reach my goal and we can have the ultimate reward...a baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray! I am so happy that you are happy and you will get to that goal sooner than you know. Can't wait! xoxo kim
ReplyDeleteYou've made a few good decisions in the past year! Marrying John AND your surgery! Glad you're feeling good, girl.
ReplyDeleteMarrying John was not so much a decision as it was my destiny. But you are right...the two combined have really enriched my life.
ReplyDelete