This week I was determined to kick it into high gear and get even more serious about getting into shape. I am really determined to climb a rock wall. I have also set my mind to doing the mud-run at Camp Pendleton next June. I knew that my regular work-outs weren't going to cut it so I joined my brother twice this week as he coached his high school football team. I thought I would go out there and run with the teenage boys, lift with the linemen and do their drills with ease. Boy did I have another thing coming. On Tuesday I tried to run drills with them as they ran to the 20 yard line and back 10 times then 40 yard line and back 10 times and so on until the 100 yard line. I could barely do 5 of the 20 yard line before I threw in the towel. Then I went with my brother to the weight room. I told him I needed to work on my upper body strength. This guy is crazy...he had me do triceps, biceps and modified chin-ups. Then we did a couple squats before he bombarded my abs. We did all sorts of ab exercises. All of this was in the blistering sun. The next day I felt like a UPS truck ran over me, backed-up and ran over me again right before it dumped all the packages on me.
Feeling both motivated and discouraged I went back for more today. Today was even more intense. I ran/walked a mile, did squats, lunges (forward and side), leg elevations for my calves, and up/down drills with the players. I really pushed myself to the max today and I know I will feel it tomorrow. As difficult as this work-out is, I am so excited to enjoy the benefits in the coming months. I hope that next week I can see true advancement as I work on all my problem areas with the most extreme personal trainer I have ever met...my brother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment