Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Formal Failure

Every year I volunteer at a resident camp for kids ages 8-17. It is a highlight of my summer and I can't wait to go this year. In fact, we leave in just 4 days. There is so much to do and many themes which allow me to be silly in the coolest way. One of my favorite activities is the formal dinner and dance. I always wear a ball gown. It's so fun to dress up. For the past 5 years I have worn the same gown but it doesn't fit anymore. I thought I would wear the ball gown that I wore on our honeymoon cruise but it was WAY too big when I tried it on. It just so happens that I have one of my bridesmaid's dresses here. I originally wanted to wear it on our honeymoon cruise but it was too small. I just tried it on in hopes that it could act as my formal dress for the dance. The cool thing is that it, too, is too big. This is a big deal since when I tried it on after the wedding I couldn't even get it half way over my hips. The downer part is that I don't have a gown for the dance. This a good problem to have. I think I'll just wear a summer dress or something less formal. I am so excited about camp this year even more so then past years. I am in such better shape this year and I am looking forward to participating in activities that I have never been able to. For several years now I have not met the weight limit for riding horses...this year I do and I can't wait to ride. Also, I have never been able to make it to the top of the rock climbing wall...I am excited to see if I am strong enough to ring that bell at the top. There is a high ropes course that I have never even seen since I knew I couldn't do it. This year I am not only going to check out the course, I am going to complete it. I am also looking forward to hiking all over camp with ease as it take a lot to get me out of breath now. I will update you on my camp experience when I get back.


Here are some pictures of the honeymoon gown that I can no longer wear

3 comments:

  1. melissa...your post made me teary. I am so proud of you and can't wait to hear about all of your new accomplishments. That dress is beautiful and your boobs look humongous! xoxo kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks, Kim. As for the boobs, they were proportionate to me humongous body...they've since faded away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Gosh! You are truly the amazing beautiful shrinking Melissa. You look terrific.

    ReplyDelete